Unless your kids are watching you make this recipe, they will have no idea that you just snuck zucchini into their favorite muffins! You can also add in some chocolate chips, and they become the kids’ dessert. If your kids don’t mind the addition of zucchini, this is a great recipe to make together. You can also substitute 1 banana in place of 1 of the zucchini and see which recipe your kids like most! And best of all, the muffins are a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 2 peeled and grated zucchini
- ½ c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- If your kids like bananas, I will substitute out 1 banana in place of 1 zucchini.
- The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
- I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with Pam before filling.
Like this recipe? Pin it!