This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FieryFallFlavors #GreenMountainGringo #CheckOutOurBackside
When I walked into the store last week, it is 97% possible that I may have released a small scream of panic at the sight of a tower of back-to-school supplies. HOLD UP. Wasn’t it just yesterday that we were buying pool passes and stocking up on sunscreen? Is it time already for yellow #2 pencils and glue sticks? Can’t we hold on a bit longer to these carefree days of summer — free from alarm clocks, soccer schedules, and spelling tests?
Don’t get me wrong. There’s definitely a part of me that will rejoice when the school bus carries my little darlings off to school this fall. But I have to be honest – seeing those back-to-school supplies triggered a lot of mom-anxiety: Will my kids find good friends? Will their teachers like them? Will any of the adults in our household understand the math homework this year? Will my child get cut from the team? Get a part in the play? Is THIS the correct 1” three-ringed binder with dual-pocket folder dividers that my fourth-grader is required to have? And don’t get me started on my omnipresent fears of the distractions of video games and the dangers of social media. COME ON.
To avoid spiraling into a viral-video-worthy meltdown in the school supply mecca at the store, I made a sharp right turn and headed over to the grocery department. I’m at home in the kitchen, and these aisles are where I can find some solace. I channeled my worries into creating an easy September dinner to equip my very favorite kids.
Back-to-school calls for driving carpools, sports practice, and games, which means very little time to get dinner on the table. That’s why this recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner, prepped and in the oven in under 6-minutes. I started down the aisle to find my favorite jar of salsa, Green Mountain Gringo® Mild Salsa. I love this brand of products! My kids like to snack on the Green Mountain Gringo® Multigrain Tortilla Strips, while my husband likes their hot salsa but for this recipe, I am going to use their mild salsa so all my kids (those who don’t do spicy) will enjoy this dinner.
The reason I search out the Green Mountain Gringo® brands is because I know I am always getting high-quality food products made with healthy and clean ingredients. I love their motto “Check Out Our Backside.”, which means just turn over the package, read their ingredients, and know you can feel good that you are feeding your family products that are healthy and taste good!
If you want to find any Green Mountain Gringo® products in your local stores, you can check out their easy store locator here and to learn more about their other great products, check out their website.
- ½ jar of salsa, my choice is Green Mountain Gringo® Mild Salsa.
- 6 medium-size tortillas
- 1-16 oz. can of refried beans
- 1- 4 oz. can of diced chilies
- ½ packet of taco seasoning
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- In a small pan over low heat, warm refried beans, chilies and taco seasoning together for 3 minutes.
- While this is warming, take ⅓ cup salsa and spread on the bottom of an 8x8 or 10x12 pyrex.
- Spoon black bean mixture into the tortillas, fold and put in the pyrex (seam-side down or on the side)
- Repeat for the remainder of the tortillas.
- Spoon another ⅓ cup of salsa on top of the rolled tortillas and then put a layer of cheese on top
- Broil for 5-7 minutes (keep an eye on this).
- If serving for company, I like to sprinkle with some chopped herbs right before serving.
- This goes great with some sour cream and extra salsa.
Like it? Pin it!