As some of you might know, I decided to take Momma Chef in a philanthropic direction and recently opened a weekly Soup Kitchen to feed those in need of hot meals. To say that we are in a rush when we the volunteer arrive is an understatement. We need to prep and cook a 6-course dinner to feed around 100 in under 1 hour and 15 minutes! So, quick and healthy meals take on new meaning for me every Tuesday evening.
We try not to repeat meals for at least 6 weeks, but coming up with nutritious main dishes that can be prepped and cooked for a large group in a short amount of time can be challenging- although each week we are up for that challenge and the guests are treated to a beautiful dinner. We tried out this recipe last night and it was a HUGE hit!!
I do have to say that this is by far the easiest dinner that I have ever prepared, so easy that I am making it for my family as I am typing this blog post. ☺️ Enjoy!
- 2-3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 1-16 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the chicken to the pan and pour the marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Slice the onion and pepper into long strips about ½ inch thick and put around the chicken,
- Drain the can of artichoke hearts and add to the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Make sure you spread the chicken evenly around the pan with room in between each piece.
- You can use any variation of vegetable in this recipe, asparagus, broccoli, etc..
- You can use boneless breast of chicken as well, if so add in ¼ cup olive oil on the bottom of the pan so the chicken has more liquid. When cooking with the recipe above, the skin on the chicken adds in oil while it cooks.