This post is sponsored by Minute® Ready to Serve; however, all recipes and opinions are my own.
You know the drill. The morning alarm sends you into high mom alert: you rouse the kids, cajole them to dress, feed them a warm breakfast, unearth a missing mitten from behind the dog’s dish, discover an errant homework assignment on the kitchen table, bundle the kids and kiss their faces and deliver them through the snow to the bus stop – and all this before 8:00 A.M. You deserve a medal for another Mom-of-the-Year morning. If no medal – at the very least – a cup of coffee and a sweet treat.
For a winter day, indulge in this healthy and quick treat: Dreamy Rice Pudding. Before you panic with visions of your grandma standing over a cast-iron pot and stirring (and stirring and stirring) all afternoon making rice pudding, worry no more. Grab a box of Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice, and you can enjoy a creamy rice pudding in minutes. Gluten-free? No problem. There’s a Minute Ready to Serve for you. And, like all Momma Chef recipes, it has fewer than six ingredients with less than six minutes prep time. With my Dreamy Rice Pudding, you can hearken back to those days of old – with a new, wholesome take on an old favorite.
I promise that this recipe will satisfy your winter craving for warm deliciousness while honoring your resolutions to eat healthier. My recipe uses the Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice – 100% Whole Grain and no preservatives. It’s a great source of fiber, and I love how its nutty flavor combines with the vanilla to produce a truly crave-worthy taste. And unlike Grandma’s recipe, you can’t mess up the rice! You never have to worry about Minute Ready to Serve burning, sticking, or being undercooked, because it’s already cooked.
With just a few minutes in your busy day, you will have enough time to make and enjoy this quick comfort food. After all – you’re going to need fortification for the return arrival of that 3:30 bus. And, you can continue being the amazing mom you are, by stirring up another round of dreamy rice pudding or other Minute Ready to Serve-inspired wholesome after-school snack for your kids.
- 2 cups Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 5 oz. sweetened condensed milk (about ⅓ can)
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- *Optional-1/3 cup raisins
- Pour the whole and condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla, and rice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and cook uncovered, stirring often, until the rice is tender and the mixture thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate to thicken, then serve.
- I like to sprinkle cinnamon over the rice pudding before serving.
- If you are adding the raisins, put them in during the last 5 minutes of cooking.