This is one of the easiest recipes for chicken you will make. It’s almost easier than going to the store and buying a rotisserie chicken and you get this hot straight out of the oven. Don’t forget to eat the cooked oranges!
Simple Roasted Whole Chicken
Author: Momma Chef
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2½ -3½ pound whole chicken
- 2 oranges cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- 16 oz. chicken stock (typically ½ of a box)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Rub olive oil on the outside of the chicken and sprinkle with the Rotisserie Seasoning.
- Place orange slices in the chicken cavity and around the pan then pour the chicken stock into the bottom of the pan
- Bake uncovered on lower rack for 1 hr 15 minutes
- Serve with sauce from the pan.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you do not have a roasting pan, use a medium size disposable pan (I get mine at Costco).
- If you can’t find the McCormick Seasoning, use 1 tablespoon salt and ½ tablespoon paprika.
- When the chicken is done cooking, if you have time to let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting that’s ideal, if not, it will still be delicious!
Sometimes simple recipes are the best, I love me some roasted chicken
There is nothing better than a simple roasted chicken for Sunday dinner. This recipe is just that, simple and delicious.
There are few things more comforting than a good roasted chicken. Perfect instructions for a delicious bird.
oh my gosh yum! chicken is the best!! totally gotta try making this
Nadalie Bardo says
WOW that’s one perfect-looking chicken! I LOVE roasted chicken, can’t wait to make it at home. Thanks!
Beck and Bulow says
These will be perfect for game day. Or teenagers. My son and his friends will love them with whole chicken thank you
Do you cover the chicken with foil or something?
Karen Nochimowski says
Hi Karole- you do not cover the chicken while it is cooking.