This is a fabulous summertime family meal, simple and tasty. I love the smell of grilling on Cedar plank- but don’t forget to first soak it in water, you don’t want your first experience to go up in flames–literally!
You will find Cedar planked salmon on many restaurant menus, yet it’s so easy — not to mention less expensive — to make at home. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
For those that do not cook salmon often, I will let you in on a little secret; salmon is not only delicious, it is rich in omega-3 fats which help boost your brain and cardiovascular health.
And like all of Momma Chef’s creations, this recipe is quick, easy and scrumptious. With only 4 ingredients, you can whip this up in under 5 minutes prep time!
- 1 lb. fresh salmon filet (skin removed)
- ⅓ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Fill a large bowl or sink with water. Soak the cedar plank under the water for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Pat the soaked plank dry and place the salmon on top and cover salmon in the parmesan marinade.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Place the plank on the grill grates, close the cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is done to your liking.
- If the plank catches on fire, just mist the plank with water.
Looks delicious. Can you reuse the cedar after you cook with it?
Momma Chef says
Great question Diana. These are for one-time use only. I get mine in packs of 5 at Costco, if you don’t have a Costco around you, any grocery store should carry them and they should be around $5 each (or less). Would love to hear how it turned out when you make it! Karen
What a simple, yet delicious recipe! Def have to give it a try!
I’ve been meaning to amp up my omega 3s and my tried and true salmon recipes are getting… old. Ha! I can’t wait to add this to my mix of recipes!
Amber Battishill says
Ooo, I bet that this is delicious! Simple, but with some great flavors!
Helen Claire Little says
We eat salmon every week an I’m always looking for new ways to cook it! Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks yummy!
Shan Walker (@shanGURUwalker) says
I haven’t used Parmesan in a recipe yet that wasn’t tasty! Good job 😉