Like all busy moms, I love a good shortcut. However, shortcuts that fill my boys with unnecessary sugar are not worth the time saved. One surprising culprit of sugar is store-bought pasta sauce. Take a look at the label of your favorite and you will be shocked at how many grams of sugar are in one serving! Fortunately, I created a quick and tasty solution: an easy sauce that pairs fresh (or canned) tomatoes with Steviva Organic Infused Agave Nectar. Best of all, it’s a bonafide Momma Chef recipe. Like all of my Momma Chef creations, it’s quick, easy, and scrumptious — with only five ingredients, you can have this sauce in the pan in under five minutes! While it simmers, you can celebrate: your family will love this delicious sauce, and you will love serving a delicious and healthy meal with 75% fewer calories, carbs, and sugars.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried or freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tsp nectevia
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chopped onion in oil until tender, 2 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, entire can of crushed tomatoes and nectevia.
- Partially cover skillet and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt to taste.
- You can serve immediately or puree in blender for a smooth sauce (my kids like it this way).
You can get more information about Steviva by following their social media channels!
Love it? Pin it!