My oldest son gets all the credit for this dessert. After a wonderful autumn day of apple picking, he asked for a yummy apple dessert. Together we assembled some ingredients, and this family favorite dessert was born. Honestly, it is worth making just for the delicious aroma to fill your home. I also make this dish often to bring to friends. It’s best served with a scoop of ice cream, regular or dairy-free. Even if you’re not a fan of dairy-free, the apple cobbler is so delicious that you won’t even notice the difference in the ice cream.
Author: Momma Chef
- 6 Granny Smith apples cut into 2" squares (peeling apples is optional)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil (or you can use any vegetable oil)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and oil in a bowl.
- Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add sliced apples to bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle topping from the bowl over the apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- I save the time and do not peel the apples.
- This is best served with vanilla ice-cream (dairy free also a good option).
Like this recipe? Pin it!