When it comes to baking and cooking, parents know there are times that we just want to get the meal prepared without the helping hands of our sweet children — because we know that just doubles our prep time! But a recipe my kids love making with me — and I love having their helping hands — is my Yummy Banana Muffins. I usually add chocolate chips, and they become the kids’ dessert. And best of all, the muffins are a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
Super Easy and Kid-Approved Yummy Banana Muffins
Author: Momma Chef
Serves: 12-14 muffins
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
- I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with Pam before filling.
Jami Port says
These muffins are AMAZING!! I didn’t tell anyone they were healthy and nobody could tell. They were all gone in two days! Yum!!
These muffins were delish! Very easy to make too. I used the coconut oil and it didn’t have a coconutty flavor at all (which my kids don’t always like). Spraying the muffin cups was a great trick – how have I never known to do that?!?!
Elizabeth @ mom always knows says
Looks Amazing! Can’t wait to try! My kids will for sure approve!
Adrienne Saxe says
Love these! Exactly what I was looking for – no added sugar, just sweetness from bananas and honey. I add cinnamon to the mix and a few blueberries on top to each muffin. Delicious!!
Momma Chef says
Hi Adrienne! Thanks for the note, we love those muffins as well. We will definitely try with some blueberries next time we make them, which is probably this week. Best, Karen
Rebecca Peretz says
Wow!!! I am 11 years old and I made these muffins because they looked great!! But still, I wasn’t expecting them to be so good!! All of the ingredients came together and I wanted more!!
Karen Nochimowski says
That message made my day! You must be so proud that you made those muffins on your own and loved them! Happy cooking!!!