My 10-year-old (and TikTok) get most of the credit for this recipe. When your son comes in the kitchen asking to bake together and promising it won’t make a mess, it’s hard to say no. He had found a recipe on TikTok that he wanted to make, but after many times of us trying those 20-second recipes that claim to be “so easy”, I was not too optimistic. We went over the recipe, made some additions and changes, and 15 minutes later, these amazing cookies came out of the oven. They were so good that not only did he eat 3 after they came out of the oven, I let him have them for breakfast this morning. They have peanut butter = protein, so I shouldn’t feel too guilty, right?
This is a great recipe to make with your kids, they can even make it on their own after you go over the instructions. These were even better the next day after they crisped up a bit. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients above in a small bowl until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, form dough into 1-inch balls with the palms of your hands. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- This recipe should make 12 cookies.
- You can then use a fork to slightly press down the cookies in both directions to make a pretty design.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure the bottoms do not burn.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This is perfect for those days I want something sweet but don’t want to turn my kitchen upside down!
My husband loves peanut butter so I can’t wait to make these for his upcoming birthday. They look perfect to me.
Helen Little says
How delicious! Easy and simple but totally yummy.
Jen @ JENRON DESIGNS says
Peanut Butter cookies are always a winner over here, just make sure not to use JIF right now LOL with all the recalls!
Simple and so easy Love it