Crispy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Author: Momma Chef
Serves: 20 cookies
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup quick-cooking or instant rolled oats
- ½ cup packed raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the eggs and softened butter to a large mixer bowl and with a hand mixer on medium speed beat together for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, brown sugar, and oats and mix on medium speed for another 2 minutes, until everything is well combined.
- Then with a spoon stir in the raisins.
- Drop the batter in teaspoonful onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Optional- With the back of a small glass, lightly push down the cookies so they lay flat, this is how you get them to bake up crispy.
- Bake the cookies for about 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.