This recipe will be the hero of your appetizer table. The intensity of the mustard, the sweetness of the jam and the salty goodness of the salami create a tantalizing treat for your taste buds. If you’re serving this for a larger crowd, I suggest making two salamis. You’ll see how fast they go! Let the record show that I almost single-handedly devoured this ambrosial concoction the first time I had it at a friend’s house. She intervened—perhaps in fear that I would lick the plate clean—and kindly shared this legendary recipe with me.
If you’ve never bought a whole salami before, don’t fret. They are available in every major grocery store; just ask someone in the deli department to help you find them.
- whole salami – 2 lbs.
- 8 oz jar Grey Poupon mustard (gluten-free variety can be used)
- 12 oz bottle of apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Partially slice the salami into ¼-inch thick slices, making sure the cuts do not go all the way through.
- Place the salami into a baking dish or aluminum pan
- In a separate bowl, mix jam and mustard and spread ¼ cup of the mixture over the scored salami. Save the rest of the mixture to serve on the side as dipping sauce.
- Bake salami for 45 minutes.
- When finished, I like to cut the salami into small squares and serve with toothpicks as an appetizer.
- This can be made the day before and reheated at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
Like this recipe? Pin it!