Several years ago on a trip to the Smoky Mountains, we had our first smoked brisket sandwich. My husband fell in love with the dish! Since I did not see purchasing a smoker in the near future, I had to figure out an easy way to replicate this brisket. I discovered liquid smoke and after several tries, I finally did it! This has been taste-tested on family and friends and is a huge hit. You will definitely impress with this dish!
- A first-cut cut brisket, approx. 3 lbs.
- 1 tbsp. McCormick Grill Mates Applewood Rub
- 2 tsp. Colgin All Natural Hickory Liquid Smoke
- ½ cup Wishbone Light Italian dressing
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- ½ bottle beer (any brand)
- Place brisket in slow cooker.
- Rub with Grill Mates Applewood Rub, then pour Liquid Smoke, Italian dressing, BBQ sauce and beer over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, take two forks and shred the beef.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls or brioche rolls.
- You can top the brisket off with your favorite slice of cheese or coleslaw.
- This can be made the day before and reheated in a pan until warm.
- Make sure the rolls are fresh!
Like this recipe? Pin it!