Want a great way to kick-start your family’s busy day? I have you covered! Wake up to enjoy a delicious and healthy oatmeal breakfast. You can add-in or take out any fruit per your kids’ taste. They were definitely a hit and it didn’t hurt that my boys thought it was so cool to eat breakfast out of a mason jar. This is my kids’ favorite overnight oats recipe.
The look is so beautiful that these can be served at a fancy brunch or just make-ahead, for a grab-and-go breakfast. You can even make several at a time – they keep for about 2 days in the refrigerator!
Nothing beats using fresh fruit- I love to add blueberries, banana, and strawberries to this hearty oat breakfast. Feel free to switch up the fruit according to what’s in season. I like to make a few of these ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator so my kids can have a quick and delicious breakfast or snack. Enjoy!
- 1- 16 oz. container of strawberries
- 2 small packages of blueberries
- 2 cups milk of your choice (I like using plain Almond milk)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (Use gluten-free oats if making GF recipe) *
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds, optional but highly recommended
- This recipe makes 4 mason jars- so remember to divide ingredients above into 4 jars!
- Slice the strawberries into quarters.
- Layer the oats, milk, chia seeds, blueberries, strawberries and maple syrup into 4 mason jars with lids.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, stir and enjoy!