No one will even know this recipe took you 5 minutes to throw together – it’s just that good! This has to be one of the easiest cod dishes you are ever going to make! You absolutely cannot mess this up, just don’t overcook it. This will be an instant hit with your family and friends. I am all about presentation, so I like to plate it over a couscous or Japanese rice. You can check out my recipe for Garlic-Infused Rice which will go great with this Miso Glazed Cod recipe. Enjoy!
Miso Glazed Cod
Author: Momma Chef
- 4 black cod or regular cod fillets
- ¼ cup miso paste
- ⅓ cup cooking mirin
- ¼ cup cooking sake
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat broiler (set your oven to "broil").
- For the marinade: In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together miso paste, mirin, sake and brown sugar.
- Cook marinade in the microwave for 2 minutes until most of the sugar is dissolved and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Add the cod to the bowl and rub marinade over both sides, if possible let the cod sit in the marinade between 5-30 minutes (preferably closer to 30 minutes).
- Place cod fillets on a sheet pan lined with foil and roast the cod fillets in the oven for 8- 9 minutes until fillets are fork tender and caramelized.
Like It? Pin it!
Sounds delicious. For those using frozen cod: there’s a good chance you’ll mess it up if you’re trying the fast defrost method so plan ahead and defrost over night in the fridge. Supermarkets generally have fresh cod loins.
This looks and sounds delicious! I need to try this!
Wow, this looks outstanding! I’ve never tried a miso glaze at home, but you’ve inspired me. Pinning this one for sure
This looks amazing! I’m on a seafood kick lately so I’m going to have to pin this for later.
Julie I Aloha Lovely says
Wow, cod has never looked so good! Might have to try this.
Rachel Catherine says
That looks so good! I love Cod. It’s such a great, light fish!
Sarah Belanger | Sincerely Anchored says
This looks amazing! Your photo looks incredibly flaky. I’ll have to try this!
Vino in the Village says
This looks amazing!! Definitely making it this weekend!
Sam | Away She Went says
This looks and sounds delicious! I love fish, but don’t cook cod very often. I’m definitely going to have to try this recipe!
Misadventures with Megan (@MisadvntrMegan) says
This seems simple enough I might just be able to pull it off!