You know those meals when you spend hours in the kitchen and once the food is ready, you don’t even feel like eating the meal? Yes- it happens to all of us! Well- this is NOT one of those recipes! This entire dish is devoured within five minutes of being served.
This is a simple take on the classic Mongolian Beef dish which is one of my kids’ favorite Chinese dishes. They were ecstatic when I started making it at home. It is such an easy dish and I love how tender the beef is when finished cooking. I keep it very mild for my family but you can add 1/4 tsp dried chili peppers to kick up the heat. I This dish goes great with Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice and steamed broccoli. I hope you enjoy as much as my family does!
- 1 pound flank steak or London broil--thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Soy Vey Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 3 scallions sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pour Soy Vey, hoisin sauce and ground ginger into a gallon size Ziplock bag. Seal the bag and shake all ingredient to mix.
- Add beef and scallions, seal the bag again, and shake one more time to coat the beef.
- Marinate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat up wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
- Pour all ingredient from Ziplock bag into wok/pan and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Mixing as it cooks until the sauce is thick and coats the beef and scallions.
- Alternatively, you can cook this in a Crock-Pot, just add all ingredients from the Ziplock to Crock-Pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- If you do not have time to let this marinate- I made this dish tonight with only marinating 30 minutes and it will still delish!
- I like to double the recipe if I am making it for a family of 5+.
- I order my steak in advance and have the butcher slice it thin, saves a step.
Like it? Pin it!
Wow this looks so good and easy to prepare! Will add to my list of recipes to try!
Deborah Hunter Kells says
I am not a meat-eater – but came across to have a look at your simple straight-forward recipe. Not many ingredients to get together for someone else to cook 🙂 Looks appetizing 🙂
Personally, I have no category for spending hours in the kitchen and then not feeling like eating the meal, but I’ll take your word that some folks do! 🤣 Anyway, this looks divine! My family also loves Mongolian Beef, so I’ll be pinning this to try later.
This looks like a dish that my parents always loved at an Asian restaurant we love. Looks yummy!
This looks DELICIOUS and so easy!!! Saving it for sure!!😊
Leigh Suznovich says
This looks so flavorful and amazing!! Need to try it. Love Mongolian beef.
Emily Lauren says
Yummy! This sounds so delicious and flavorful!!
This looks delicious! I’ll definitely have to put it in rotation!
This looks so good. I want to make it now.
Crystal // Dreams, etc. says
This looks good! Will definitely need to save this for later!
Mila Buckley says
I’ve always wanted to learn to make Mongolian beef at home!
This is one of my favorite meals ever! Very much looking forward to making this.
Oh, this looks absolutely delicious! I definitely need to make this for the fam. 🙂