You know those meals when you spend hours in the kitchen and once the food is ready, you don’t even feel like eating the meal? Yes- it happens to all of us! Well- this is NOT one of those recipes! This entire dish is devoured within five minutes of being served.
This is a simple take on the classic Mongolian Beef dish which is one of my kids’ favorite Chinese dishes. They were ecstatic when I started making it at home. It is such an easy dish and I love how tender the beef is when finished cooking. I keep it very mild for my family but you can add 1/4 tsp dried chili peppers to kick up the heat. I This dish goes great with Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice and steamed broccoli. I hope you enjoy as much as my family does!
- 1 pound flank steak or London broil--thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Soy Vey Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 3 scallions sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pour Soy Vey, hoisin sauce and ground ginger into a gallon size Ziplock bag. Seal the bag and shake all ingredient to mix.
- Add beef and scallions, seal the bag again, and shake one more time to coat the beef.
- Marinate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat up wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
- Pour all ingredient from Ziplock bag into wok/pan and stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Mixing as it cooks until the sauce is thick and coats the beef and scallions.
- Alternatively, you can cook this in a Crock-Pot, just add all ingredients from the Ziplock to Crock-Pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- If you do not have time to let this marinate- I made this dish tonight with only marinating 30 minutes and it will still delish!
- I like to double the recipe if I am making it for a family of 5+.
- I order my steak in advance and have the butcher slice it thin, saves a step.
Like it? Pin it!