I started making this recipe while searching for a healthier version of fried chicken. My kids, like most, love Corn Flakes. So I thought it would be a fun activity to make this meal with their help. Our first try was a huge success! My boys like to dip the Cornflake chicken in ketchup. Try it with your kids. Enjoy!
Crispy Cornflake Chicken
Author: Momma Chef
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Corn Flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and water. Set aside.
- In a large Ziplock bag, add the Corn Flakes. Add salt and then crush the Corn Flakes.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg/water mixture and put them in the Ziplock bag. Shake to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Before baking, you can drizzle a bit of honey on the chicken.
- I like to serve this with baked French fries and steamed broccoli.
This is so delicious and super easy! Definitely a favorite of my kids!
This is fave in my house! My kids love it and so does my husband and I! We prefer dark meat and it’s delicious using boneless skinless chicken thighs!
Maria Boulin says
So good! I don’t like using one-time-use plastic so I crunched the flakes and mixed the salt into a large glass container, dipped the chicken into the egg and just rolled the chicken into the flakes myself. Tuned out to be so delicious!
Karen Nochimowski says
Thanks for the comment, so glad you liked the recipe! And kudos for taking not using a disposable bag!
Such a yummy idea, I’ve actually never tried cornflake chicken so i need to
Jordan | Read. Eat. Repeat. says
Yummmm! I’m always looking for news ways to cook chicken!
Coating the chicken with cornflakes give it a perfect crunch every time!
Amber S Battishill says
This is a favorite in our family too! My mom always make it when I was younger (it’s great with pork chops too).