Butternut Squash Soup aka “The Sweet Soup”
Yes, I said it. Butternut Squash Soup. Don’t turn the page! This soup is a fall favorite in my house, AND Costco (and probably your local grocery chain) sells pre-cut squash. You’ve got this! And, ummm, not to brag – but this is hands-down the best butternut squash soup you will ever taste! Not to mention how unbelievably easy it is to prepare. I use cream cheese to give the soup a rich texture. But if you want to make it dairy-free, you can put in ½ cup of your favorite milk substitute and the soup will still be delish!
- 32 oz. cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 box (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 chopped onion
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed butternut squash, mix and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and 8 oz. water.
- Cover partially and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes until butternut squash very tender.
- Puree soup, cream cheese and brown sugar in a blender, food processor or soup emersion in batches until smooth.
- I get my cubed butternut squash from Costco. It comes in a 32 oz. container.
- When serving, I like to sprinkle the soup with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
Like this recipe? Pin it!