This is a family favorite in our house. It is requested at least once a week. If you ask my boys about my “Moroccan chicken,” they would have no idea what you are talking about. To them, it’s “the best olive chicken.” The dish is tender, flavorful and always comes out great! I like to serve the chicken with plain couscous or rice and pour the yummy sauce from the pot on top of everything.
Oh-So Delicious Moroccan Chicken
Author: Momma Chef
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 lemons
- 5 chopped cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Squeeze juice of 3 lemons, chopped garlic, parsley, oil and Lawry’s salt in a large Ziplock bag.
- Add chicken thighs to bag and if possible let it marinate several hours.
- When ready to cook, pour contents of bag into large Dutch oven or pot and add 1 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat partially covered for 1 hour.
- Serve with sauce from the pan.
- This is a great recipe to throw together in 2 minutes in the morning and let marinade in the refrigerator during the day. Just put in Dutch oven or pot when you get home.
- If you do not have a Dutch oven, not to worry! You can use a soup pot with lid partially covered.
- If your family likes olives, you can add in ½ cup pitted black olives during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- If you do not have fresh garlic, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of jarred garlic.
Leave a Reply