When a friend originally asked me to try this dish, I took a pass. It was served as a side dish, and it wasn’t something I thought I would enjoy. Luckily, she persuaded me to taste it. After one bite, I fell in love with it! It is now a staple at my large holiday dinners. During the past five years of making squash pie, I have tweaked the recipe to make it easier and healthier (for example, I use whole-wheat flour and less sugar than the original). I hope you and your family love it as much as we do!
- 1-12 oz package frozen squash (defrosted to mix)
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup softened margarine or melted coconut oil
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix all ingredients together and pour in pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes until top is firm and brown.