This is definitely the recipe I have shared the most. And the feedback is always the same – “OMG! I didn’t want to make it because I don’t like curry. But you insisted, and I tried it. My whole family loves it, especially my kids — even the picky one!” If you have five minutes in the morning, put the ingredients in a Ziplock bag, add the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator during the day. Then just put it in a baking pan and bake it when you are ready to serve dinner. Enjoy!
Oh-So-Simple Honey Mustard Chicken
Author: Momma Chef
- 2-3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon mustard (gluten-free variety can be used)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix oil, honey, mustard, curry and salt in a disposable pan.
- Add chicken to the pan and spread the honey mustard mixture all over the chicken.
- Place chicken evenly around pain with skin-side up.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165.
- If you don't want to make this because of the curry, I promise you will still love this dish! Friends who were resistant to try this because of curry now make this dish weekly for their family!
- If you like a crispy skin, broil the chicken the last 5 minutes until the skin has browned.
- Serve the sauce on the side as a gravy.
Like this recipe? Pin it!
This is one of my favorite recipes to make! It’s a hit with my family. I actually just made it the other night. Your blog looks great! So excited for you!
I’ve made something similar! I might even try it out this way! I’m all about trying to cook foods different ways
I must make this for dinner, it looks tasty.
This looks delicious, I am gonna give this a try. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
YUM!! I love mustard chicken and this recipe looks great. Love the addition of curry powder! Delicious!
I’m totally gonna try this! Yum!!
Sound delicious. I too have been fooled by the name of the dish! What do you normally serve with this dip?
This looks easy to make and tasty. I’m sharing it with my Friendly Meal Planning Facebook group.
Hands down the best chicken dish I have ever made. And, my kids all ate it!
Sandrine Eifert says
This recipe is soooo good. Best part is easy and fast to put together. The pan juice after skimming off the grease is great on spring mix salad. My 5yr old and 8 yr old were fighting over the pan sauce as well to drizzle over their rice. Thanks Karen!!
Momma Chef says
Hi Sandrine- thank you so much for the message. My boys also love putting the sauce on their rice! This is a favorite meal in our house, so glad you guys all enjoyed it as well! All the best, Karen