I know it’s probably not fair for me to toot my own horn about my recipe, but this is hands-down the best butternut squash soup you will ever make! Not to mention how unbelievably easy it is to prepare. I like to add cream cheese to give the soup a rich texture. But if you want to make it dairy-free, you can put in ½ cup of your favorite milk substitute and the soup will still be delish! Make sure to add the cream cheese or milk substitute when the soup is done cooking, right before it’s blended. Enjoy!
- 32 oz. cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 box (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 chopped onion
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed butternut squash, mix and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and 8 oz. water.
- Cover partially and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes until butternut squash very tender.
- Puree soup, cream cheese and brown sugar in a blender, food processor or soup emersion in batches until smooth.
- I get my cubed butternut squash from Costco. It comes in a 32 oz. container.
- When serving, I like to sprinkle the soup with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
Like this recipe? Pin it!