For those celebrating Passover- we know the week consists of matzo, matzo, and even more matzo. I couldn’t handle how much sugared “cereal”, yogurt, and chocolate smeared matzo my kids were consuming in the mornings. I did try the Passover pancakes, but my two boys asked me if I had just made them mashed potatoes in a circle (in their defense- the first ingredient was potatoes).
My kids love my “Super Easy and Kid Approved Muffins” (link to this recipe below) but we do not eat these on Passover, so my challenge was set- Kid Approved Passover Muffins. These were so much easier to create than I had anticipated!
I picked up some Coconut and Tapioca flour (the grocery store was out of Almond flour which would have been my preferred flour substitute) and just swapped these flours in place of whole wheat flour. My kids were so excited when these came out of the oven, I even got a big “thank you” from my middle son! I did have to add some extra baking soda and eggs since these flours do not rise like white or whole wheat flour.
Oh- did I mention these muffins are gluten-free as well! Let me know if your family loves these as much as mine!
- 1 ½ c. almond, coconut or tapioca flour (or any combination of these 3 to equal 1½ cups)
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ c. honey
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
- I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with cooking spray before filling.
Click here for my original Super Easy and Kid-Approved Yummy Banana Muffins!