This is a foolproof banana bread recipe! You can add anything into this recipe, chocolate chips, walnuts, or the way my kids prefer, just the way it is! And best of all, this banana bread is a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
The Best 6-Ingredient Banana Bread
Author: Momma Chef
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 4 overripe bananas
- ½ c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. vegetable or melted coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- The bread will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put it in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the bread in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
Nice to see you use whole wheat flour. We grown, harvest, clean and grind our own fresh wheat.
I can’t wait to try this. My oldest loves banana bread. Making it will be much cheaper than going to Starbucks 🙂
OH MY….I have a bunch of bananas in my freezer, so this is perfect! I love simple receipes like this one- Can’t wait to try it!! Pinned for later 🙂
I love banana bread! This looks so good!
Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says
This looks amazing and super easy to make. My 13 yr. old loves baking different banana bread recipes. I’ll show him this one, so he can try it next.
MMM yum, this will be perfect for my kids. I think I will add some chopped up pecans.. 😀
Kelley Kalomiris says
Could I replace the whole wheat flour with gluten free flour blend?
Momma Chef says
Yes you can, it will be 1:1 ratio if there is guar-gum or xanthan-gum in the gluten free flour blend. If you have a blend without those ingredients, it will still taste great but will have a different texture. I have not yet made this gluten free and would love to know how it turns out! If you make it, please let me know!