Prepare to impress with this quick and easy recipe for breakfast egg muffins in wonton wrappers. Not only are these delicious, they make a beautiful presentation! This is one of my favorite dishes to serve at a brunch, I usually make half with veggies and half plain cheese for the guests.
This is also a great recipe to make on a Sunday night and serve during the week as a “to go” breakfast for your kids. You can use any variation of eggs, cheese, veggies and meat that your kids like. My boys are partial to broccoli and cheddar cheese. These will last several days in the refrigerator. Just heat them in the microwave for 25 seconds when you’re ready for breakfast. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ½ tsp salt
- ½- ¾ cup chopped veggies
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (I prefer shredded sharp cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs and salt in a bowl. Add veggies.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a wonton wrapper into each opening to form a cup. The press a second wonton into cup diagonally so all sides are covered.
- Fill cups with egg and veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and lightly browned on top, 13 to 15 minutes.
Sue M says
I made 6 of these this morning, using mushrooms, zucchini, red onion, broccoli and Mexican blend cheese, and my husband said “you outdid yourself with those! Restaurant quality breakfast”
I especially liked the crunch from the tops of the cooked wontons!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Karen Nochimowski says
Sue- I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe!!! Thank you for your wonderful message, hope you can try some other recipes! All the best, Karen
Such a great idea for kids, I mean I definitely would love it too XD
These are so fun! I love that they make such a fun or portable breakfast. My family loved them.
This looks so good! I would probably do these for a grab n go breakfast!
Jasmine Martin says
I never would have thought about making eggs with wonton wrappers. I love this idea! I am going to have to try this out for myself.
Sarah Althouse says
These are my perfect breakfast idea!