Mornings + kids = chaos. Here’s a simple way to help start your day happier and healthier. Whip up a batch of these savory muffins on Sunday night, and you’ll have a week of easy breakfasts as you and your kids scramble (get it?) for the school bus. These lifesavers last several days in the refrigerator. Just heat them in the microwave for 25 seconds, and you’re Parent of the Year. Another bonus? You can customize them with your leftovers. Add any cheese, veggies and meat you have in your refrigerator. My boys are big fans of broccoli and Cheddar cheese. Bonus- this recipe is keto-friendly.
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped veggies, such as broccoli or spinach
- ¼ cup shredded cheese, such as sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, milk and salt, and set aside.
- Divide the vegetables and cheese among the muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup over the vegetables and cheese, filling each one about three-quarters full.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown and cooked through about 20 minutes.
- The vegetables do not need to be cooked before adding them to the muffin pan. The only exception is onions; if you are going to be using these, I would suggest sautéing them for 3 minutes before adding them to the recipe.
- Try adding some fresh herbs, such as freshly chopped basil or dill.
- If you have picky breakfast eaters, let them choose the veggies and cheese, and have them put the ingredients in the muffin cup. It’s an easy and fun way for kids to “cook!” Plus, kids are excited to try the foods that they cook themselves.
Like it? Pin It!