When my 8-year-old son – a picky eater — came home from school one day and asked me to make chili for dinner, I was ecstatic. I knew the recipe had to be kid-friendly (no green specs of anything could be visible), so that was the night my kid-approved chili was created. All my boys love this meal, which is quite a miracle!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (15 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 packet McCormick Chili Seasoning, mild
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a large pot, add 1 teaspoon oil and brown the meat over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat as you stir.
- Pour in tomatoes, kidney beans and chili seasoning and stir to mix.
- Cover, turn the heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add assorted toppings, such as shredded cheese, chopped onions or sour cream when serving.
- To reduce sodium, try with McCormick 30% Less Sodium Chili Seasoning Mix or 30% Less Sodium Mild Chili Seasoning Mix.
- If you like a bit more heat, add ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper.
- If you want to make this in a crockpot, add the oil on the bottom, the uncooked beef on the oil, the rest of the ingredients on top of the beef. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Fan of Yummly? Then check out Momma Chef’s recipes on Yummly, you can find them here: http://www.yummly.co/page/mommachef